Your Box Office is committed to protecting your privacy and takes very seriously its responsibilities regarding the security of user information.
- Data Controller
- When you send your data to Your Box Office, the data controller is Trencham Associates Ltd, registered under the Data Protection Act 2018, registration no. A8268992.
- Customer information required to process your booking
- Credit/debit card payments are processed securely via a fully compliant, 3rd-party payment service provider e.g. Payal, WorldPay, ParentPay.
- We require certain information to allow us to process your event booking.
This includes, for example, your name, address, email address and telephone number.
- This information allows us to process your booking and either to provide your information to the event organiser so they can send you tickets by post, or to send you an e-ticket confirmation by email. We ask for your telephone number so that you can be contacted urgently if there is a problem with your booking.
- Your Box Office Show Update Service
- You may be invited to join the Your Box Office Alert Service. If you agree, your name, location, email address and possibly show preferences will be stored. When a show meeting your criteria opens booking through Your Box Office, we will send you an email inviting you to view the details of the show and potentially book. We may use a third party email delivery company to send these emails and they will only be given your data to carry out each mailing.
- When you enter a Your Box Office competition or other promotional offer, we may ask for your name, address and e-mail address so we can administer the contest and notify winners.
- Occasionally we may contact you to ask your opinion on a particular topic relevant to events. We may publish a selection of the comments we receive on our web site (unless you advise us that you do not wish to have your comment and name published – in which case we will not do so).
- Security / retention of data
- When you enter credit or debit card information, your details are transmitted across the internet using secure encryption technology.
- As required by the UK Data Protection Act 2018, we have strict security procedures on the storage and disclosure of the personal data of our users. This means that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we disclose sensitive information to you.
- Under this policy, where we pass your information to a third party, we will use our best endeavours to ensure that the data security measures that the third party has in place are equal or stronger than ours. This does not apply where we are required by law to pass your information to a third party.
- Your data may be disclosed to a third party such as a law-enforcement agency or your employer, where we find that you have posted offensive or objectionable content anywhere on our site, or have otherwise engaged in disruptive behaviour through our site. Equally we may use your personal data in order to take reasonable steps to stop such behaviour.
- We will keep your information for a reasonable period or as long as the law requires.
- Cookies are small code files placed on your computer's hard drive. Our cookies do not contain any personally identifying information.
- However they enable Your Box Office to provide features such as remembering your location, so that next time you visit Your Box Office, we can put the shows nearest to you on the front page as you arrive at the site – making your experience with Your Box Office quicker and easier.
- Cookies may also be used to understand which of the adverts that may be displayed on our site from time to time you click on, and then to select only adverts that are most relevant to you on subsequent visits. We may use a third party or alternate service to manage this process.
- Cookies may also be used to compile anonymous statistics on how the services on our site are used and to measure the website’s performance. A third party may be used to collect and analyse this data.
- Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can change your browser settings to block them, and if you wish you can delete cookies from your hard drive, although either of these options may affect your use of the site.
- Cookies are also used in some emails and on our website to help us measure how visitors use our site, and the effectiveness of our advertising.
- Disclosure to third parties
- Your Box Office will provide your information to trusted third parties such as the event organisers, in order to ensure you are able to gain access to the venue correctly.
- If you have given us your express permission, we may also find some other companies that have information or products we think you will be interested in and pass them your details so they can contact you directly. They will not be allowed to use your information for any other reason unless approved by you, and if at any time you withdraw your consent, we will use our best endeavours to ensure that they no longer keep your data.
- Your consent
- In using the Your Box Office web site, you consent to the collection and use of your data by Your Box Office in the ways described above.
- Support / Contact
- If you wish to contact us regarding any privacy matter, such as to ask to review your records with us, or to correct any errors regarding your records, please use any of the following:
|Post:||Your Box Office
Trencham Associates Ltd
York Eco Business Centre
Amy Johnson Way
YORK YO30 4AG